Friday, June 11, 2010

a tea party event!

planning a party could very well be one of my favorite things EVER! I have a feeling i will be that mother that goes WAY overboard for my childrens birthdays. i just love picking a theme and going cra-zy!

so the latest party twould be iggy's. now i know that i am not even planning this, but i cant help but get excited. right now in front of me i have a list of things to track down for his party. i have already made a facebook event page with details and trying to get people to dress up. i am researching how to make an alice in wonderland dress for amelia.

and i just have so much fun.

mallory. i am so sorry if i am doing too much. i seriously will do nothing if you want to do this yourself. i know what its like to have someone take over a party. and i dont want to do that. but if you would like...i have several ideas...

*find tags and write "drink me" to attach to coca cola glass bottles or other beverage.
*find glass boxes at goodwill or serenity shops to place "eat me" cookies in.
*kassie volunteered to make "eat me" cupcakes for the party
*playing cards table place cards. saw these on amazon. thought they would be perfect!


this site is also giving me so many ideas!! so at this point i have sunday-tuesday off work mal. can we get together and start crafting some of this stuff?! i will help you make invitations to mail out. wouldnt that be so perfect?! i mean, i know we have the event page. but there is something about getting a hand written invitation that is so perfect. i will look at doodlebugs for stuff to make the invitations out of.

actually i am off to doodlebugs right now...ill price some things.


*UPDATE*
Doodlebugs is a hit!! there is so many things i saw in there that would be perfect!!

*bought tags for "drink me/eat me"
*have small($2.99) and medium($3.99) paint cans...PERFECT to fill with red paint and place around table.
*have clock hands ($4.99) which would go perfect on handmade clocks that read "tea time"
*metal keys and locks ($10.99) a bit steep. but it gave me great ideas...we need one key to place a tag on that says "open me"
*the PERFECT red envelopes for invitations($.39 ea.)


mallory. i am so ridiculously excited for this party. i cant even begin to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment