Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Today has been the best day EVER!!

So Gabby is here!!
She got here last night around 12:30am and I loved her the second she walked in the door.
She opened the door, saw me in the hallway got a HUGE grin on her face and did this weird shuffle towards me only to give me the worlds BIGGEST hug ever and then poke my boobs. My heart was hers.

I technically just met her last night but i feel like i have known her my whole life.

wow this sounds like an Ode to Gabby.

but i just was so happy to meet her. Like you and I talked about N, when was the last time we made a NEW friend? its such a great feeling.

so today we got up late and walked over to Hurricane Coffee. I was really hoping Roberta was going to be there, but alas she was not. Anyway we got coffee and sat outside talking for a good hour. It was so nice to just sit and talk and laugh. Get to know each other and share stories.

we came home and decided to do something i have wanted to do for YEARS now...we went to the Olympic Game Farm.
i hope to have some pictures up in the next day or two from it. it was an amazing time.

Gabby made me laugh so hard. she screamed at the bears, and fed all the bread to the Yak of all animals. (in her defense i rolled the window down and it stuck its head in the window and she panicked throwing bread at it to get it away)

we spent a good two hours there just laughing and having a good time. i hadnt been there since i was 7 so i was just as excited for this trip as she was.

afterwards we came home and made dinner. Gabby is from Hawaii and had never cut a pineapple. this made me laugh. so i taught her. dinner was delicious and a time for fellowship together. we ended the evening by going to applebees for drinks and dessert.

i havent laughed that hard in such a long time. Tom was the highlight of the evening and Tilly was so adorable. after Tom and Tilly left Gabby, Jake, and I had an amazing talk and i left feeling so blessed to have her in our life.

Jake is so.....calm. you can just see in his attitude how happy she makes him. how good it is to have her in his life. I have never seen Jacob like that before and it was such a good sight.

I hated saying goodbye to her...but i am so happy she was able to come and become a part of our family. i wish all the best to her and Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment