Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Wreaths

So I crafted with mom all day. We got up and finished baking harvest loaf and decorating the shortbread cookies. (I have taken many pictures and will soon have them uploaded and will share our good times)

We then finished baking and moved on to crafting wreaths. yesterday we made a trip to Jo Ann Fabrics and found so much fall decorations on sale we couldn't resist. but we did decide to make our own wreaths instead of buying a pre-made one as we couldn't find one that really fit our taste. So we loaded up on fake leaves, flowers, pine cones, acorns, and ribbons and went home.
So we got everything out today and set it on the table. (Now at this point i will say i was so very excited about my wreath yesterday. I picked out gold ribbon to go with my leaves, i loved the acorns, i even found some Japanese lantern flowers that i was in love with. I even found a large brown button that went PERFECTLY with my decorations.) So here we are, sitting in front of the wreaths and all the beautiful fall leaves and flowers and mom asks for help on getting started.
I got her started and from there she took off. It was beautiful from the beginning. She really is good at decorating she just never has the confidence. I sat there staring at my wreath after wrapping my gold ribbon around it and just coulnd't figure out what to do next. so i dug out my button i purchased and in doing so my eye caught two buttons in the large bag of buttons i have and from there it was downhill. I couldnt for the life of me make a fall wreath. i had to do something quirky. so my new colors became gold, black, lime green, yellow, and turquoise. I finished and it is in NO way a fall wreath by traditional views, but i couldnt love it more! I am so proud of it. I cant wait to post pictures!! I am going to go check the mail then load pictures and hopefully post them within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment