Monday, October 12, 2009

fall is here.

So I was paroosing the interbin and checking several blogs that i follow when i saw this post and was immediately filled with envy. halfway down the page you find these pictures of her homemade fall decorations and i thought to myself...WHY oh WHY cant i be crafty enough?? (I now realize its all Kassie's fault for moving away. Crafting isnt the same without her)




she also listed this website which teaches you to make the lanterns. now i am seriously considering attempting them. I dont know if i can do it without Kassie by my side. she ALWAYS makes these things seem SO easy. but i am desperate.

something MUST BE DONE! This is my favorite time of year and bundling up with blankets, drinking peppermint tea, and watching the leaves blow around outside isnt enough. and so in anticipation I have already today gone and purchased apples and will be making my homemade applesauce tomorrow. Tom has FINALLY fixed the oven (tonight is the first time we have something baked in over 4 months!!!) and so i will be making harvest loaf tomorrow, bran muffins, perhaps even some sugar cookies. I would like to make either vegetable soup or chicken noodle soup as well. I need to dig out my scarves from last year, and begin the layering. the leaves need raked out front and i want to collect some of the really colorful ones and do some crafting. I also want to go to the library tomorrow and find some great cookbooks for new soups/stews. I began a magazine cookbook today because i am tired of seeing great recipes in magazines and never using them and who needs the whole magazine? this is the best time of year to get new great recipes too. I found a great Dijon porkchop dinner as well as some tasty looking rice and spinach balls i want to try out. i will let you know!

what are you doing to prepare for fall? crafts? baking? cooking? bundling? or procrastinating?

PS
I got home from house sitting today. It was a nice time having a house to myself but I miss being around people. Its nice to be home, and have noise in the house. or let my say noise that doesnt make you scared because there SHOULDNT be noise.

PPS
coming home i told Tom how great it was having a hot tub to sit in whenever it was cold. needless to say Tilly heard me mention this and now Tom is outside fixing the hot tub. It should be ready sometime tomorrow or the next day. THIS IS GREAT NEWS.
N, when you come visit at christmas time...we go in!!

2 comments: